Friday, September 28, 2007

Now is the Time to Worship

Editor's note:
I'd heard about the worship ministry that Nella was doing with the college students and asked if she would be willing to share her heart with us and also provide a bit of background on this ministry


My name is Nella Schnase and I am very excited about this new service started mainly for college students and anyone going through a new journey in their lives. The idea of “Now Is the Time to Worship” came to me when I was sitting in church listening to my father speak on reaching people on your own level. I felt a strong calling to get other people my age together and praise to the One who gave us the freedom to do so.

In this calling I was very nervous about actually making it all happen. I have never been in charge of such a thing, but what I am sure of is that I knew this ministry was meant to start through me. I love music and I love God. He wanted me to put them together and make sure my eyes are on Him first and foremost.

Getting out of high school I have realized how fast life is passing me by. I was getting so wrapped up in my busy schedule that I wasn’t taking time to take a look at the big picture. Who was I leading to the Lord? Who was seeing God in my eyes when my eyes were aimed at my feet in front of me? More importantly, who isn’t seeing God in me? Although I am a weak human, somehow I found the strength through Christ alone to go in front of the board of the church and make things happen. Nothing is impossible with God.

This has been such a life changing experience for me and many of the people that are getting involved. I called a friend of mine named Doug Hamblin and he made a decision to get involved in this as well. He said, “God has been so good to me that I would feel like I am letting Him down if I were to say no to you.” I put together a praise team and it has turned out wonderful. The music we are capable of making is astounding with the talents God has given each and everyone of us. The service consists of a reading of scripture in the beginning and a lot of worship. The speakers vary each Thursday we hold a service. This allows an unbiased and fresh message each time. The message is always short and sweet and it leaves plenty of time to worship. A person chosen in advance gives their testimony. I wanted the students and service members to be able to have someone our own age relate to things going on in most of our lives. We end the service with an altar call and music.

This is a very moving service and so far we have had many people come forward and say they have been seriously moved by the service. What I truly love about what is happening in our church is the way I see our generation changing ways to worship our God. We like more contemporary music, but still have a passion for the classics. We like to spice up what we hear to our own sound. Each year we all notice more and more individual people and personalities and in this service everyone is free to express their way of worship. I love what I do and I love what God made me to do. I was made to worship Him and nothing pleases me more than using the gift of music to give Him praise.

Whether we sing to one or many, whether we touch one or many…in the end the ones that show are the ones meant to listen. God is good and almighty and this service event is in His hands. I pray His will be done.
Back to Sheep Pen

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Nella,
I believe that you have heard the call to establish an authentic believer gathering. Your words are so insightful
"Getting out of high school I have realized how fast life is passing me by. I was getting so wrapped up in my busy schedule that I wasn’t taking time to take a look at the big picture"

Before you get too wrapped up in the organizing, and mechanics I ask you to quietly seek the Lord, and to relentlessly follow what he tells you. God doesn't want religion. He wants relationship. He wants people who urgently seek and follow him!

You can find more at:
http://thebigpicmin.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/glenn-engle-blog/

May God Bless your walk and your ministry!
Glenn

Unknown said...

新竹維納斯婚禮錄影,動態錄影,結婚錄影,迎娶,宴客 0955707040
新竹,苗栗,桃園,台北,台中,高雄,彰化,花蓮 服務全國

幸福、回憶、感動 維納斯婚禮錄影工作室
維納斯婚禮錄影所為您打造的結婚錄影,再回頭看當初結婚的場景時,一樣感動落淚,又哭又笑
維納斯婚禮錄影工作室具有專業的設計背景,讓您的婚禮影片不僅只有單單的錄影
大雄將會新人的需求進一步的溝通,在專案的每個階段都會詢問新人的意見
維納斯婚禮錄影將以全職服務每一對新人,讓每一對新人都能照顧到

新竹維納斯婚禮錄影,動態錄影,結婚錄影,0955707040 大雄
預約專線:0955-707040(親零親‧林志玲)—大雄(Vincent)
官方作品集:http://blog.yam.com/venuswedding
e-Mail:vincenterin1107@gmail.com
無名部落:http://www.wretch.cc/blog/venusmerry
website:http://venuswedding.yolasite.com/